Summer could not have passed more quickly! My summer started early with a trip to Mexico in April, where my brother-in-law was hitched…as most of you readers know if you’ve been following this blog. The rest of the summer was a remix of late nights preparing children for the upcoming school year, encouraging couples to actively listen to each other respectfully and acting as a mediator in a custody battle. Oh the perks of in-home counseling….you learn so much through other people’s troubles & triumphs. Though I loved working with most of my clients and co-workers, it was time to get a salaried position with normal working hours of 9-5. I am happy to have landed a position as the Lead Social Worker for Bethany Christian Services (an adoption agency). I am really enjoying the position, which entails a mixture of case management, marketing, & fundraising. I went to my first placement last week and was touched by the amount of emotion involved on both ends of the adoption....it was great to be a part of the process.
Here are some pictures of my new office:


1 comment:
Cool office Care! So happy for you and your new job!
Post a Comment