Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Our New Place

We are settling in C'ville quite well!

Here are a couple pictures of our place. We arrived in C'ville a couple days earlier so we could paint our place and make it more cozy :)
Our Living Room


Our Master Bath


Our Deck

We have also enjoyed the downtown mall...people watching is great! What an eclectic mix of people...the hippies playing the on an African drum, the "church at the mall" - a number of people gathered in the middle of the mall singing praise songs, the homeless that sit inside the deserted old theatre, the UVA students and us :)

Here is a picture of the downtown mall:


We had a great weekend with Josh, a friend from VA Beach who stayed with us for the weekend. We finally experienced the "Fridays after Five" event at the downtown mall. It was a great scene...live music, drinks and people of all different walks. We also took the plunge and tried the South African restaurant, Shebeen. A colleague and friend who lives in our complex, Jackie suggested I order the steak pie. She lived in Africa for a year doing missions through a Mennonite university. I stayed away from the, "spicy voodoo sauce". It was a great weekend!

Mike and I are both busy being in-home therapists/clinicians. It has been a challenging, but growing experience. It gives us the opportunity to meet many people that we would not have met otherwise. I am learning more of the "advocate" side of therapy and what that role looks like.

2 comments:

mug said...

cool girl....I love your decorating and your deck is beautiful (luv the brick)! Can't wait to visit you! :)

Missy said...

Very cute! Love the deck! The outdoor mall looks cute too.