Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Mike & Care's Updates....

Well....I had to follow my sister's lead and create a blog.
Mike and I are headed to our one year mark of marriage bliss :) We've been busy this past year not only learning a lot about each other, but we graduated with our masters, found jobs and left the beach of Virginia to hike in the mountains of Charlottesville, VA.

We have been in Charlottesville going on two weeks now. The culture and scenery here are great! I love the Saturday morning city market where I found a lot of herbs, organic produce and even a place to order organic cow meat.With UVA in the heart of C'ville we are meeting a lot of med students in the area...everyone is eager to get to know each other and open to getting together, which is great!I have yet to pick peaches & cherries on Carter Mountain, canoe on our lake & visit "Friday's After 5" event full of entertainment and live music at the downtown mall.

Since I don't have my own "little one's", I spend a great deal of time bragging about my nieces and nephew who I miss VERY much! Here are a couple pictures...Meghan with Jake at our wedding & Mattie and Morgan as our flower girls.




Currently my life consists of listening to anything people desire to tell me (I'm a counselor), reading (we don't have cable), talking on the phone to friends and family (again, we don't have cable), watching season episodes of The Office (we have a great video rental store right next door), & driving around C'ville exploring the great scenery, restaurants and shopping.



3 comments:

Missy said...

How cute! I can't wait to visit there sometime! I'm glad you created a blog...finally! You guys look great and Charlottesville looks amazing!

Bobbi said...

Cute! Looks like you're enjoying your place!

mug said...

nice girl......so when are we gonna get to see some pics of your place? :)