Monday, January 5, 2009

Welcome 2009!

Happy New Years!


It is crazy to think that 2008 is already over, but I am excited to see what 2009 brings! Here are some highlights of 2008:

- Mike and I enjoyed our 1-year anniversary
- After a LONG three years, Mike and I completed graduate school at Regent…yahoo!
- Bye-bye flat strip malls of Virginia Beach and hello quaint town of Charlottesville.
- Mike and I scored jobs as children and family therapists, working our way to VA license
- Dave and Jess became Mr. & Mrs. Felts
- Kim visits C’ville
- I visit my family (a couple times )

This past year has defiantly been a year of transition and growth. Graduating, moving and finding jobs have brought many ups and downs. The biggest learning experience of 2008 was and still is my job. I work as an in-home therapist and I am challenged weekly! Working with so many confused, disturbed, hurt, broken & helpless people can become a toll on my own abilities….there is a constant need of self-evaluation to keep the right perspective, attitude and determination to fulfill my goal of becoming a seasoned child and family counselor with my Virginia LPC (Licensed Professional Counselor). I know I am in the right place for this time in my life, but I’m also excited to see what 2009 brings!

What’s ahead in 2009:

- Ben and Amanda’s wedding in Mexico
- A visit to see Kim in the deserts of AZ..I have never been there.
- A visit to see Mugga at Humboldt University…hello the famous Redwood Forest!
- Missy’s Dylan will arrive in late March….can’t wait to meet him.
- Hopefully my family will visit us in C’ville (hint J ).

No comments: